Thursday 12 February 2009

From the beginning

I sent three photos and told no one. Apart from the subject line and image titles I included no text. I wanted attention. I used digital images to get it. It wasn’t until I received the reply mocking my three nights that I thought of turning this into a project. As a designer and researcher I am interested in people, their lives, their choices… Never have I cared so much about myself.
Claire Murphy

Hi Johannes,
I’ve been thinking about what you said. And yes perhaps you are correct this is about my ego, or maybe as Evi suggested, lack of!? As discussed this project could go one of two ways, either continuing to use my three images as the reference point asking everyone to recreate my three nights, or use the last person’s three images. I have chosen the latter and Mikey has got things going. See attached.

Hi Eeva,
Okay, here it is:
Recently I emailed Viktor three photos of myself, we'll discuss why I did that another time but see attached for Friday Night, Saturday Night and Sunday Night. Nothing was written in the email, only the subject heading as above. I didn't hear from him until three days later when he sent me three photos of himself; Monday Night, Tuesday Night and Wednesday Night.
I really like how his images mimic mine, so much so I have decided to start this project and therefore need your help. The idea is simple, I would like you to take three photos of yourself representing three nights of your life inspired by the last person's three nights thus far in the project, in your case Mikey as attached. Yes he really did have a bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment